Hello friends! I am truly so glad that you are here. I pray that the words I write on this blog would serve you as we’re learning to better live out our stories.
I currently live in southwest Illinois with my husband Kyle and our daughter Lucia. I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a stay at home mom right now while my husband is working hard to provide for our family.
Besides my family, there are a few key things I love that you should probably know about.
I love Jesus, but my faith could use some work. I was born and raised in church my whole life, with both sets of grandparents being pentecostal pastors. Even so, it wasn’t until I became a mother that I could truly start to grasp the reality of his love for me. I’m learning what a real relationship with him looks like. I am grateful for his faithfulness and goodness towards me despite my many many flaws, failures, and doubts.
I love people. I believe deep in my bones that everyone is significant and has something to contribute to the world. You are capable of more than you think and I want you to know that whatever you are dreaming of or hoping for, it’s possible. You matter.
I love stories. Stories are my jam! Every single person has a story that is worth telling and knowing. Someone letting me in to know their story, even a part of it, is such a major honor to me. I saw a quote on Pinterest once that said “let’s sit down and you can tell me everything about yourself. I’ve got time.” I love it. I’ve got time.
To simplify, I’m learning to live out my story wholeheartedly and hope the same for you. I’m over the fake surface stuff and want to get to the heart of real living.
Let’s be a part of creating a world full of people living their fullest lives as their truest selves.
In less seriousness:
- Tacos and nachos are my love language.
- I tried to go by Rebecca but I can’t. I just can’t.
- I’m an ENFJ for you personality test nerds like me.
- Sweets are my weakness. Specifically caramely-chocolatey ice creams.
- My favorite thing in the entire world is getting to know people.
- I love coffee shops but not coffee.The smell of coffee is the appeal.
- I once wanted to be a trash collector.
- Crap TV is my biggest guilty pleasure. You name it, I’ve probably watched it. Like all of it.
- I don’t love to cook – mostly just out of necessity, but I love to eat! Going out for dinner or lunch dates is my favorite.
- Most days you’d find me listening to Drew Holcomb, Amos Lee or David Ramirez.